Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Digital Portfolio

Here is a link to my digital portfolio!

https://sites.google.com/a/cypanthers.org/shannalentz/home

As I was creating this portfolio, the toughest part for me to figure out was how to organize all of my web-based creations and tools. Though I may only have a few web-based representations of me out there so far, I wanted to make sure they were organized in a way that made sense to anyone who might view my portfolio. I knew I was comfortable using Google Sites, since I had used it to create my class web sites in the past, and I knew that it would have the templates I would need to make organize my site effectively and make it aesthetically pleasing. I ultimately decided on five major categories to organize my portfolio. My thought process for each category is detailed below.

Me as a Professional
Since I was not really using this portfolio as a resume, I kept my professional and educational experience portion of this section fairly brief. However, I decided since this is an e-portfolio, my digital story of why I became an educator fit into this section perfectly. I also included professional articles written for my graduate courses as attachments at the bottom of the page, to showcase my reflection and writing about educational topics.


My Voice on the Web
This section is a representation of things I've published on the web so far, mainly from this course. I included the main projects for this course, as well as my EDIM514 blog and links to some of my posts in the EDIM514 Moodle page.

My Teacher Pages
For this page, I wanted to simply showcase my teacher websites that I created for each of the courses I taught this past year. These sites show how I use the web for organization and management when using the web in my classroom.

My Social Bookmarks
I wanted to include a page that shows how I not only keep track of the web resources that I like, but also how I collaborate with my colleagues by sharing those resources in my library. I included the only two social bookmarking sites I use: Diigo and Delicious.

My Educational Tools
I wanted this page to include any other educational tools that I had personally created on the web. I chose to only include one sample per tool, mainly because I felt that anyone browsing through might get overwhelmed with too many examples shared for each. Also, I chose to share outside web resources on this page. These are resources that others created, but that I commonly use.

No comments:

Post a Comment