Sunday, June 12, 2011

Live Broadcast

I apologize to everyone in the class-- I remembered to advertise my live broadcast on Facebook, but not on here!! As is, it was rather interesting having all my friends ask me, "What's this live broadcasting stuff?" I told them they should listen to the broadcast and find out.



For all of you, below is a link to my recorded live broadcast for anyone who wants to listen! I chose to record voice only for a number of reasons. First, I'm sick and even recording voice right now was difficult without coughing. Second, I wanted to play around with the different ways to use just voice first, and later attempt to stretch the boundaries with all that video can do. My first live broadcast is meant as a brief tutorial to help my English students through some of the tougher parts of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Currently, it's not perfect, but I think it would be a great start to offering students extra help with difficult texts, especially when students are absent. Eventually, I think I'd like my students to create broadcasts like this on their own to act out certain parts or show their understanding of a text. You'll notice that the broadcast isn't overly long, and this was in consideration of the attention span of my students, and considering the difficulty of the text. I felt it would be better to chunk certain difficult parts for them, rather than broadcasting a long post that may end up being overwhelming for them.

To listen to my live broadcast, see the embedded broadcast below. Click on my username in the emedded image to see a list of my broadcasts. Click on the one called "Understanding Romeo and Juliet: The Balcony Scene." A full reflection on this broadcasting experience can be found in the discussion forum on our EDIM 514 Moodle site.



No comments:

Post a Comment