Sunday, May 15, 2011

Introduction

Hello! My name is Shanna Lentz and I am an English teacher at Central York High School. I currently teach English II and Graduation Exit Project. At the end of this year, I will have finished my third year of teaching. I began my master's program through Wilkes this past year, and am currently enrolled in my second course in the Master's in Instructional Media program. I have also taken Globalization and Advocacy, which I found to be very eye-opening. I am excited to learn about some valuable internet tools to use in my classroom after taking this course. As an educator, I feel that I have many roles. One is to facilitate an environment that fosters learning. Another is to instill knowledge within my students, and to help to hone my students' critical thinking skills so that they can create new things with the knowledge gained. Lastly, I must continue to educate myself so that I stay current and relevant in the delivery and application of my curriculum. That is one reason I am continuing my education now!

No comments:

Post a Comment